Here’s a summary of today’s tweets on this topic:
* Some children experience love particularly through Physical Touch.
* How do you know if Physical Touch is your child’s primary love language? You’ll know by the hugs, kisses & other body contact.
* It’s easy to receive children’s physical demonstrations of love but they need us to GIVE it as well.
* Perhaps ur saying ‘But I’m not the huggy sort’ If Physical Touch is ur child’s primary love language s/he NEEDS ur hugs and kisses
* We all need loving body contact. Don’t forget to give appropriate loving touch to the elderly.
* Children who are secure in their love from their parents are very unlikely to go looking for love in the wrong places.
* Teens also need Physical Touch from parents – but when / how they are comfortable. Maybe just the loving touch on the shoulder as u pass by
* Any form of disrespectful touch eg angry tug or smack, can be soul wounding for the child whose love language is Physical Touch
* Have you hugged your child today? : )
For more helpful tips and insights please check back here tomorrow or join me on Twitter
No comments yet.