Val Mullally MA author of ‘Behave – What To Do When Your Child Won’t’ is an International Keynote Speaker, accredited Relationship Coach and founder of Koemba Parenting.
www.koemba.com Twitter: @ValMullally
The Koemba approach helps parents to discover how to deepen connection and communication to create happier homes. Val grew up in Africa and now lives in Cork, Ireland. She is now busy with her next book (Working Title: ‘A Month With a Toddler’) due for release in May 2016. Val writes a Parenting blog and contributes to radio, television and press about Parenting issues.
Val is on Facebook as Koemba Parenting with Val Mullally https://www.facebook.com/Koemba
Contact Val: e-mail: email@example.com or tel: 00353 – (0)877609355
Parenting Expert Val Mullally MA is founder of Koemba Parenting, an international Keynote Speaker, an accredited Relationship Coach with the Association for Coaching, and author of ‘Behave – What To Do When Your Child Won’t’ (published 2015) and ‘Parenting Positively: Parenting Skills’ (published by Barnardos & Family Support Agency, 2007). Her forthcoming book (Working Title: ‘A Month With a Toddler’) is due for release in May 2016.
She is also a Relationship Theory Educator and is one of the international team who developed the Imago ‘Connected Parents, Thriving Kids’ Parenting Program.
Val has created the Koemba Parenting courses, which are presented in person and also she also offers an online parenting course. Her focus is supporting parents to respond helpfully to children challenging behaviour, to encourage children’s self esteem and emotional well-being.
Val writes a Parenting blog and contributes regularly to radio and to press, and has been on television, speaking about Parenting issues. She believes that when children thrive, families thrive and when families thrive, societies thrive. One of her ambitions is to research how parents can nurture children’s spirituality.
Val’s background is in Education. She worked for many years in Southern Africa and is an experienced school principal, teacher and trainer in Early Education. Besides working with Parents, Parent and Toddler Groups, Pre-Schools, Creches and Schools, Val also presents ‘A Coaching Approach to Parenting’ to professional, educational and voluntary organisations, including Barnardos, Cuidiu, Edgehill College, La Leche League, IRD Duhallow, HSE, Dublin City Childcare, Dublin South County Childcare, Wesley College, Wicklow County Childcare.
She now lives in Cork, Ireland, and loves to paint, garden and enjoys country walks with her husband and border collie. Val wishes she’d known what she knows now, when her kids were young, and has three grandchildren who continue to fine-tune her understanding of Mindful Parenting made easy.
Connect with Val: e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 00353 – (0)877609355
5 Fun Facts You Didn’t Know About Val:
1. Val has always loved writing and won several National Writing awards as a child.
2. As a teen, Val was nicknamed the ‘Bird Girl’. Even the local police brought injured birds to her, that she nursed back to health. Some of the amazing African birds she hand-raised included a swallow, a Jacana and a Lilac Breasted Roller.
3. Val has an African Gray Parrot who mimics her voice so perfectly that her husband can’t tell if it’s his wife or the parrot calling him.
4. Val’s favourite indulgences are Twitter, a candle-lit bubble bath and dark chocolate. (But not all at the same time!)
5. When Val has a break, she loves to build a Wasjig. These ‘backwards’ jigsaws really are a puzzle. Val says the challenge of these, and the fun detail in the pictures, is the perfect get-away-from-it-all activity.